Monday, October 12, 2009

Lincoln's 1st Birthday

So school started and the blogging seemed to stop. We've done a few fun things the last 2 weeks so I will try hard to get it all blogged. But first (and most importantly) Lincoln turned 1 on Oct. 7! I can't believe it's been one year. We went to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Porter on his birthday since they would be out of town for his party. I had parent teacher conferences until 5:30 so going out seemed easiest for me! We went to Fazoli's (Lincoln and I shared chicken, noodles and breadsticks).

Here are some pictures after dinner opening presents from the Porters.




You can tell by the end he didn't want more pictures!

On Saturday we invited all the family for a party. Not everyone could make it, but we were happy that a lot of family was there. We had cake and ice cream, took a quiz about Lincoln, and opened presents. It was fun to have both sides of the family together to celebrate.



I love having Lincoln in our family. He is so much fun. He is super cute and super fun. He loves to play with blocks (well, knock down towers of them), books, plastic spoons, and any other toy he can find. He crawls through his "tunnel" and on empty boxes. He is walking! (He started about 11 months) He gives the best kisses (open mouth, of course). He does like to get into everything he shouldn't, but he is just a curious little boy. He is getting to be an expert at Patty Cake and he's loved Peekaboo for as long as I can remember. I love how excited he gets when Jefferson comes home, or when I show up to get him at the daycare. He loves both of us, and we love him! Happy 1st Birthday, Lincoln!!

Coming up next: UEA trip to St.George and Hoover Dam.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year already! He's darling! I hope all is well!