Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Card 2009


Merry Christmas! I hope this year finds you doing well. Here is a little recap of our family this past year.

Jefferson has been working at Pine Canyon Electric. They stayed pretty busy during the slow season, which was a blessing! It has been a little slow lately. Luckily he has been able to do some manufacturing work for his brother which is awesome! Jefferson was released from teaching primary in the summer and got to have some time off. He was just recently called as a Webelos leader in the Scouts. It should be an adventure! In his spare time he has been doing projects in the garage and helping neighbors with their projects (cutting down trees, installing new ranges, fixing light problems, etc.) He has also been busy playing with Lincoln. Jefferson is an awesome dad and Lincoln loves being thrown in the air or pulled around in makeshift sleds.

If you read the blog last year, I reported that I was able to go to work part-time last year and still have insurance. Well, in April I found out that numbers were going to be low and as a part-time teacher I was being involuntarily transferred. It was a very stressful time for me as I wondered where I would end up and how it would affect Lincoln and the daycare situation. I would say it was a trial for sure - I loved where I was teaching and what I was teaching. But I must say that Heavenly Father is aware of me and was waiting to bless me. I ended up at the junior high right by my house. Fairfield Junior has been a GREAT place to work. They went to the block schedule this year so I just teach on B-days. Right now I teach all 4 periods that day so I am making some extra money with productivity. I teach 3 CTE Intro classes and 1 Word Processing Bascis. The CTE Intro class is for Technology and Engineering (which is usually taught by the shop teacher). A little crazy I know, but I am having a great time. CTE is all 7th graders and WP Basics is 9th. The teachers I work with (and administrators) are amazing. I was called as the Beehive Advisor right around the same time. I love teaching/seeing my Beehives at school. It's been the best thing for me! On my "off"days I am at home with Lincoln and loving being able to be home most of the time with him. I also had some back issues which made heavy lifting (i.e. Lincoln) almost impossible. I just got a steroid epidural shot in my back on Thursday and must say it's amazing. I'll try and post the x-ray with the needle in my back. :)


Lincoln is 14 months. I can't believe what a little person he is. I was carrying him up the stairs the other day and thought - this definitely isn't a baby anymore! He spends most of his time running around the house, climbing on things, and getting into things I am trying to keep him out of. He spends B-days at the Davis High Daycare. I love that he still gets to go there. Lincoln keeps us on our toes! He is so fun to have around and is a really happy kid. Check out how cute he is in the Photo Shoot post.

This year has had it's ups and downs for sure, but I am always grateful for the blessings after the trials. They do come! I am thankful for this time of year to focus on the Savior and hope that everyone can feel the true meaning of the season this year. Merry Christmas!

No comments: