Saturday, August 30, 2008

Creating the Baby Registry

Today Jefferson and I headed to Babys R Us to register for baby stuff. I've been pressured by a few people to do it, even though my first shower isn't until Sept. 18. So we went. Oh my gosh. Not a fun experience. Especially for Jefferson. Not that it isn't fun shopping for stuff. There are just too many options!! I have no idea what bottles or pacifiers or diaper pail or bouncer or swing or diaper bag, etc. to buy! We went ahead and and picked some stuff, but after 2 hours we only had 21 things on the list. So if anyone has any recommendations of what we need to "For Sure" register for, please leave ideas in the comments!!

After Babys R Us we headed (to lunch and then) to Target. We get things started, get our scanner and start looking at the baby stuff. And what happens?? The server goes down. So we can't scan anything at the store. Target.com has a thing called Jumpstart My Registry. So that is basically what is on the Target registry :)

I've learned a few things today. First - baby stuff is expensive. Second - I have no idea what I need. Third - I have a very patient husband.

Please leave ideas of what I should try in the comments!! Send your friends here to leave ideas as well. I appreciate all comments and suggestions!!

1 comment:

KC said...

Oh Dear! Good luck with all that!
Jefferson has always been patient...you ARE very lucky!
If I were to give you any ideas:
a vibrating chair
a swing...the little small portable ones are nice.
a formula holder (if you do formula..you can premeasure the formula and it's easy to make a bottle!)
extra sheets for the crib
extra crib pads
music mobile for the crib...very nice!
I really can't think well right now..so I will think about it some more and let you know.
Good Luck!